The Nordic Food Walk takes you on an adventurous journey into the tastes, flavours, delights and historical significance of the Swedish cuisine!
- Walking distance: 4 km
- Duration:4 hours
- Number of individual tastings: 6-7 – Makes up for a whole meal
- Meeting Time: Monday – Saturday 10.00 | (accommodate your preferred starting time ONLY on Private Tour check Corporate/Groups)
- Meeting place: Östermalms Saluhall, Östermalmstorg, 114 42 Stockholm| check the map here (It is the main entrance facing Nybrogatan)
- Language: English or Swedish ( additional languages available ONLY on private tours)
- Tour is also available by special request
Starting off in the Östermalm area, popularised by the rich and the famous, we introduce you to the traditions of Swedish food. From richly flavoured and exquisite cheeses to game meat. On top of that beer that is crowned “The Gold of The North”. You get a red-carpet like infusion into the world of Swedish delights at the high end Östermalms Market Hall.
Heading towards the heart of the city we will let you indulge in a traditional Swedish lunch. Along the way we will also introduce you to the crown jewel of our proud Nordic kitchen; the meatball! You will learn what types of potatoes to serve with it, why we have specific jams for it and other fun facts.
Moving on we will guide you through the beautiful Kings Garden. We will pass the the area that Vogue Magazine voted the “third coolest district in the world”. The tour will end in Old Town, an area that dates back to the 13th century and consists of medieval alleyways and architecture. Here we will treat you with some traditional candy and sweets.
Vegetarian options can be arranged, however, we CANNOT arrange a 100% vegan menu due to the variety of the tastings.
Price: 900 SEK | Children age 3-11: 600 SEK
Have more questions? Check out our FAQ page